The Parish gets an additional £2,000 per property that is eligible for a business voucher (£3,500) rather than a residential voucher (£1,500). This means we can get to our target quicker with every business that pledges.
Is My Business Eligible?
If required to do so you must provide evidence of your status as a SME or sole trader. The Department of Culture, Media and Sports (DCMS) will check that businesses meet the definition of an SME which is:
- up to 249 employees (in total in the organisation) and turnover no greater than €50m per annum; and/or
- balance sheet of no more than €43,000,000.
Please note you will not be asked to provide all the below just one maybe two documents as proof of an SME. Your privacy and details submitted will be protected under GDPR by law and will only be used for the purposes of this project. Data will be shared with BT Openreach and the DCMS to carry out the retrieval of the gigabit voucher and connecting fibre to your property. Accepted documentation includes:
- VAT registration;
- Charity Registration;
- HMRC notification;
- Sole trader UTR number;
- Certification of incorporation (limited companies);
- Business bank account statement issued within the last three months;
- Non-domestic rates reference.
- Other documentation, such as business-related utility bills, may be acceptable in certain circumstances if combined with other documentation.
- Vouchers may only be used for eligible connections at premises from which you
actively trade. This may be your registered office and/or trading address(es) in the case of SME beneficiaries.
- The voucher cannot be used to pay VAT in the case of SME beneficiaries. The voucher cannot be used to support any on-going costs following the installation of your connection.
Do you qualify? Then please PLEDGE by clicking here to go to the pledge page.