Following the amazing sign ups from residents within Westfield Parish we are now in the final weeks of the project. Westfield Parish Council continues to work with Openreach and it is vital that all residents who have signed up for the voucher scheme now confirm their vouchers. Many people will have received an email already. Openreach confirmed that vouchers have been resent last week to any resident who hasn’t yet confirmed their vouchers. The email looks like the one below to confirm:
If you haven’t received a voucher or have any concerns please contact the Parish Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of 31/03/2021 the old gigabit scheme ceased to run. However, the Parish Council has been working with Openreach, the Department of Digital Culture, Media and Sports (DCMS) and MP Sally-Ann Hart who has been engaging Mr Warman the Minister for Digital Infrastructure. We have had it confirmed that 75% of the postcodes in our scheme. Therefore we are able to keep the vouchers already claimed and still continue to gather additional vouchers to get us to the 100% target.
The Parish Council in partnership with East Sussex County Council and Openreach have set up a ‘Community Fibre Partnership’ to look at installing ultra-fast fibre cables across the Parish to over 1,100 properties. As of the 1st April in just one month residents and businesses have already pledged over £700,000 in gigabit vouchers.
To help residents get the information they need we have created some new pages. Please click on the below links for details.
- Overview of the scheme and what is happening
- Frequently asked questions
- Details for signing up for a household gigabit voucher
- Details for signing up for a business gigabit voucher – these are £2,000 more per property
- Check you internet speeds here
- Check potential fibre to the premises broadband packages
- List of benefits of having high-speed broadband (including increase in property values!).
- Video of how the fibre will be installed
- Background to the project