As of 31/03/2021 the old gigabit scheme ceased to run. However, the Parish Council has been working with Openreach, the Department of Digital Culture, Media and Sports (DCMS) and MP Sally-Ann Hart who has been engaging Mr Warman the Minister for Digital Infrastructure. We have had it confirmed that 75% of the postcodes in our scheme. Therefore we are able to keep the vouchers already claimed and still continue to gather additional vouchers to get us to the 100% target.
The Parish Council in partnership with East Sussex County Council and Openreach have set up a ‘Community Fibre Partnership’ to look at installing ultra-fast fibre cables across the Parish to over 1,100 properties. As of the 1st April in just one month residents and businesses have already pledged over £700,000 in gigabit vouchers.
To help residents get the information they need we have created some new pages. Please click on the below links for details.
- Overview of the scheme and what is happening
- Frequently asked questions
- Details for signing up for a household gigabit voucher
- Details for signing up for a business gigabit voucher – these are £2,000 more per property
- Check you internet speeds here
- Check potential fibre to the premises broadband packages
- List of benefits of having high-speed broadband (including increase in property values!).
- Video of how the fibre will be installed
- Background to the project